Ansu Fati has sent a clear message to Barcelona over his future at the Nou Camp as talk of a switch to the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool or Arsenal continues to grow, while Tuesday’s Euro Paper Talk claims the Gunners are in pole position to sign a £53m LaLiga midfielder.
BARCELONA SENSATION TELLS SUITORS TO BACK OFF
Barcelona prodigy Ansu Fati has reportedly told suitors to back off in their chase for his signature, despite his lack of starts at the Nou Camp this season.
Sunday’s outing with Villarreal was the first time the 20-year-old has not featured in at all this season, although the majority of his appearances have come from the bench.
A lack of starts under Xavi has led to rumours that the forward could move on in the summer. Indeed, Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal have been showing major interest.
His agent Jorge Mendes is known to have spoken to Barcelona’s hierarchy about the player’s future.
However, Mundo Deportivo reports that Ansu Fati ‘does not want to hear any offers’ that are coming his way, and is completely focused on turning his situation around in Catalonia.
The 20-year-old is intent on proving that he can be a regular in Xavi’s team, having signed a new long-term contract with Barca in 2021.
Ansu Fati committed to Barca until 2027
That new deal see the attacker committed to the LaLiga giants until 2027, and Ansu Fati has no desire to quit the club at this stage.
Manager Xavi also even declared the Spanish international as a non-transferable in a recent interview, despite not picking him. Indeed, Xavi is being frustrated by all the noise surrounding the forward’s future.
However, with both Ansu Fati and Xavi seemingly on the same page regarding the player’s future, it appears that talsk of a switch to the Premier League is done – fow now.
ARTETA EXPECTED TO SNAP UP £53M LALIGA ACE
Arsenal are in ‘in pole position’ to sign Real Sociedad midfielder Martin Zubimendi, who wants a move to the Premier League and has a release clause of €60m (£53m). (Sport)
Atletico Madrid could sell Portugal forward Joao Felix to Chelsea for 100m euros (£88m) this summer. They had been asking for up to 140m euros (£124m). (Relevo)
Real Vallecano sporting director David Cobeno has confirmed that boss Andoni Iraola turned down the chance to join Leeds. (RadioMarca)
Torino centre-back Perr Schuurs is back on Tottenham transfer agenda after they missed out on a deal for Milan Skriniar. (Tuttosport)
Real Madrid have already started tracking Juventus forward Dusan Vlahovic and Tottenham’s Richarlison as long-term replacements for Karim Benzema. (ESPN)
BARCA BEAT SPURS, ARSENAL TO CENTRE-BACK DEAL
Barcelona are thought to have reached a verbal agreement over the signing of Eintracht Frankfurt defender Evan Ndicka. The centre-back has been on the radar of both Tottenham and Arsenal. (Patrick Berger)
Tottenham target Stefan de Vrij has revealed he is ‘in talks’ with Inter Milan over a new contract at the San Siro. (Fabrizio Romano)
Bayern Munich will not sign France forward Marcus Thuram from Borussia Monchengladbach. However, Inter Milan and AC Milan remain keen, with the former already submitting an offer the player. (Sempre Inter)
Inter Milan are ready to swoop on doubts over the future of midfielder Franck Kessie at Barcelona. (FCInter1908)
Barcelona will allow Eric Garcia a move, if he requests one, after the centre-back lost his place in Xavi’s side. (Sport)
MORE EURO TRANSFER GOSSIP
Roma have joined a host of Premier League clubs in the race for Everton defender Jarrad Branthwaite, who is currently shining on loan at PSV. (ForzaRoma)
Bayern Munich have already told Manchester City they are unwilling to trigger the €70million buy-back option for Joao Cancelo, but would sign the player for a lower fee. (Various)
Spain midfielder Sergi Roberto has agreed an extension to his contract that will keep him at Barcelona until June 2024. (Fabrizio Romano)
Juventus defender Danilo suggests he will soon sign a contract extension at the Allianz Stadium. (Tuttosport)
Salernitana are reportedly ready to sack coach Davide Nicola for the second time this season. Vincenzo Montella and Leonardo Semplici are among the alternatives. (Football Italia)